Baby teeth may be small, but they’re important. Without a healthy set of baby teeth, your child will have trouble eating and speaking clearly. Because of that, caring for baby teeth and keeping them healthy is so important.
Start cleaning your baby’s teeth twice a day as soon as you see its first little tooth bud emerging. If you start early, your baby will get used to the idea and maybe even enjoy the experience.
What kind of toothbrush is best for your baby?
It’s a little bit confusing to choosing the best toothbrush for your children, with so many types of toothbrushes on the market. You need to pick one that is designed for your child’s age, mouth, easy to use, soft nylon bristles and a small head. So, Pick such one that he or she will enjoy using twice a day.
Replace your baby’s toothbrush regularly, about every one month to three months.
Best Toothbrushes for Your Baby
Choose one of the best toothbrushes for your baby to take the best care of their teeth. Hope that your baby is sure to love these 10 highly-reviewed toothbrushes below.
1. Baby Banana Teething Toothbrush and Teether
One of the best award-winning and unique looking baby toothbrush and teether for infants. Babies love this soft, banana-shaped toothbrush. This brush is made from ultra-safe 100% medical-grade silicone which gently massages delicate gums and teeth and encourages healthy dental hygiene early on in life. Simply put this banana toothbrush in the freezer until it’s cold and give it to your baby to chew on and help soothe teething gums.
- 100% medical grade silicone.
- BPA free, phthalate free, latex free.
- Dishwasher safe for sanitizing.
- Freezer friendly.
- Easy to grasp “banana peel” handles.
2. Jordan Step 1 Toothbrush
It’s a “Reddot Design Award” winning toothbrush. Jordan baby toothbrush comes out with its range of Toothbrush Step by Step. Jordan Step 1 kids’ toothbrush is for children aged 0-2 years, it has soft bristles specially designed for children’s first teeth.
- Super soft bristle and small head.
- Short neck and Unique teeth ring.
- BPA and Phthalates Free.
- Non-toxic & Chewing grip is safe and good to stimulate baby’s gum.
- Ergonomic shaped handle good grip for both baby and parents. Colored bristles indicate an amount of fluoride
- toothpaste to be used.
3. Brush-Baby BabySonic
Specially designed to help parents care for their baby’s and toddler’s teeth, this battery-powered toothbrush with soft vibrations, tiny brush head, and soft bristles are ideal for keeping baby teeth and gums clean. The BabySonic’s unique 2-minute timer and 30-second pulse reminder help teach good oral care habits from a very early age.
It’s offering a selection of replaceable brush heads for the growth with your baby.
- The baby brush head is recommended for 0-18 months.
- The toddler brush head is recommended from 18-36 months.
- Easy-grip handle.
- Tiny brush head with supersoft bristles.
- Timer for 2 minutes with a pulse every 30 seconds.
- Includes replacement brush head and 1 x AAA battery.
- Brush head lights up on activation.
4. RADIUS – Totz Toothbrush
Totz is FDA certified one of the best-selling baby toothbrushes. It’s specially designed for small teeth and gums. Totz is gentle, effective and totally free of harmful chemicals like BPA and synthetic dyes.
- Premium Radius bristles.
- 100% vegetables-based bristles.
- BPA-free and FDA approved.
- Tapered handle for both parents and totz.
- Radius smooth oval head.
- Pressure-less brushing.
- Phthalate Free.
5. The Oral-B Kids 3+ rechargeable electric toothbrush
The Oral-B Kids 3+ rechargeable electric toothbrush for boys and girls, with Frozen or Star Wars characters. It features a small round head to cup young teeth, extra-soft bristles that are gentle on gums, and gives a superior clean vs. a manual toothbrush. To make brushing fun and easier, the free Disney Magic Timer App by Oral-B will make your kids brush longer for the dentist-recommended 2 minutes and help them to learn proper oral care habits that will last them a lifetime.
- Rechargeable electric toothbrush removes more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush.
- Replacement head features extra soft bristles for gentle cleaning.
- The toothbrush comes with a refill head that has extra-soft bristles.
- 90% of kids will brush longer with the free Disney Magic Timer App that makes brushing teeth fun for 2 minutes.
- Recommended for age 3+
6. Baby Buddy Silicone Finger Toothbrush
Good oral hygiene begins at birth. Pediatric dentists recommend cleaning your baby’s gums even before the first tooth appears with a so feet infant toothbrush and water. Properly cleaning teeth and gums helps remove sugar and bacteria that can lead to future decay. Also features a textured side for massaging those tender gums. Recommended from 4 months through 18 months of age. Made of 100% FDA approved food grade silicone. Packaged in USA.
- 100% silicone BPA, lead and phthalate free.
- Dual-sided with a brush or massaging bumps.
- Pain-free, easy and fun for baby great for teething babies.
- Gives parents control over brushing tender gums and baby teeth.
- Oral Massager and Teether- baby can bite down without hurting you.
- Can be chilled in freezer to soothe tender gums from teething.
7. Brusheez Electric
Keep your little one’s smile happy and healthy with this Brusheez children’s electronic toothbrush set. Brusheez – children’s electric toothbrush includes a toothbrush, adorable head cover, 2 toothbrush heads, 2-minute sand timer, and holder stand – prancy the pony.
- A cute colorful animal-themed set is perfectly designed to make brushing easy and fun for little brushers ages 3 and up.
- Fun 2-minute sand timer encourages children to thoroughly clean their teeth and gums.
- Battery-powered toothbrush removes 2x more plaque than a manual one.
- Great for the sink countertop or easily mounts on the wall.
8. Nuby 4 Stage/Toddler Training Toothbrush Set
These Nuby beginner toothbrushes promote the early development of good dental hygiene and perfectly sized to help protect your baby’s primary teeth. This oral care set has been created for 4 stage system.
Stage 1 silicone massager – This is a finger toothbrush. It is designed for babies under 3 months of age and made of extra soft silicone with your baby’s comfort in mind.
Stage 2 massaging brush – It is designed for babies over 3 months of age. It has been specifically designed to feel soft on the baby’s gums. It allows parents to brush and massage gums gently.
Stage 3 massaging brush – It is designed for babies over 11 months of age. This brush massages and helps clean during the teething process. Also, this age is the ideal time to teach your child proper brushing habits and encourage the start of good oral health.
Stage 4 nylon bristle brush – A full-sized toddler toothbrush, the long brush handle is contoured and easy to hold onto with a good sized brush head for cleaning the teeth.
- BPA Free.
- Use from ages 0 months to 6 years.
- 1 Massager and 3 Brushes designed for the various stages of oral development
- Massager slides easily over parent’s finger.
- Brushes are sized for child to easily hold.
9. Brush-Baby Chewable Toothbrush and Teether
Perfect for teething toddlers, this chewable toothbrush with its gentle bristles cleans teeth, and soothes gums while it is chewed. Its unique shape fits your infant’s mouth correctly and reaches back teeth and gums. Safe to chew on, it provides total mouth care.
- Made from silicone, soft and pliable.
- Bristles on 6 surfaces for an all-over clean.
- Helps ease teething pain and helps with toothbrush familiarity.
- Pacifier clips can be attached.
- Dishwasher safe.
10. Green Sprouts Silicone Toothbrush
The Green Sprouts Silicone Toothbrush is great for keeping baby’s gum and teeth healthy and clean. This dishwasher-safe toothbrush is made of silicone coated polypropylene. The shape of this innovative toothbrush allows you to easily reach the gums all the way in the back of baby’s mouth.
The safety shield helps prevent the head of the toothbrush from going too far into the baby’s mouth to protect against choking.
- Soft, flexible, & durable silicone
- A safety shield for added protection
- Materials: Silicone